Tuesday 14 June 2016

Personal Statement

When I think about Photography I feel like it is a secret art of bending reality and travelling in time. This is a secret science which allows people to communicate far beyond the language and culture. It is an exceptional and genuine tool to enjoying infinite possibilities, capturing row emotions, preserving moments, sharing perspective, telling a story and even healing and initiating meditation. It is clear act of love to the world showing very often even more than it is possible to see just with the bare human eye. My first camera led to hours hunting bugs, flowers, dolls, my family members and friends. This progressed to composing subjects through angle and lighting, learning from experience, constantly expressing myself visually. I like playing around with light to create different images and moods. I am also fascinated with the concept of outdoor and adventure and enjoy to explore the diversity and reality of the world. This is exactly what I try to study and define in a digital way. Despite making photography my biggest hobby, I was always sure that the knowledge is the core point in developing the best skills in the future and this broaden my understanding of the subject. I have studied it for the last two years at the Bradford College and it has enabled me to develop an independent and self-motivated practice. I have enjoyed discovering many genres of the photography, specifically landscape still life and documentary. I also find the work of many old and new photographers highly inspirational. While at school I experimented with different disciplines including macro photography, which reflects on my constant interest of small and simple objects. Working in a studio always gives me great satisfaction because of learning from experience and the opportunity of getting everything perfect and the way I envisage it. I am hard working and always determined to achieve the best results possible. Additionally one year of Creative Media Studies at the Leeds College gave me some knowledge about many theories and concepts that have further improved my understanding of cultures and history of the industry. I hope during a degree course I will be able to bring some of these concepts into my work. As so far my experience is basically correlated with my travels and cover many modes of production from landscape, wildlife and portrait to food and still photography. 4 years ago I have taken part in the “Conquer the Impossible” project which was a round the world trip with my family where for 5 months we have all worked as volunteers with kids in 15 countries. In those countries during the trip we have made Inter-culture Workshops for kids in primary schools. This was a great travel and photography experience as I have been capturing around 6000 shots and later on assisted in picking the best one to be used to document the project. This experience allowed me to witness first-hand what skills are required for becoming successful within the context of commercial documentary photography. My life experience taught me how to adapt to new situations, live on a budget and has prepared me for student life. I have settled in UK only 3 years ago and had to take all GCSE courses in one year. Despite many challenges I have made an impressive progress with my English making it now my first language.  I look forward to possibilities for further study, enabling me to pursue my future career ambitions in the industry. However I would like first to take a Gap Year and get some valuable life and work experience. This will also give me a once in a lifetime opportunity to take part in “work away” project in South Asia and I believe that it will push further my enjoyment and enthusiasm for Photography and Film. A gap year would also aid my preparation for university life as I believe the experience would improve my confidence and independence.


No comments:

Post a Comment