Friday 9 October 2015

Food & Pubs


I had an opportunity to photograph some of the fresh prepared meals at Stansfield Arms pub. I really enjoyed doing it as a part of my project and I've learned a lot about food photography and how to make food look appealing on photos. I found it quite hard to take photos because the lighting was not too good and I didn't have any additional equipment with me so I had to work with what I had. That's why I had to edit all the photos and make them brighter, some of them may still appear a little bit dark though.


This is the first photo I've taken. It's a starter and one of the main things I was trying to capture was how colourful it all looks. I think it's a good photo but I think it should be a little bit brighter.


It's another starter I decided to photograph. This photo is brighter so I think it looks a little bit better than a previous one. I like the colours and all the details. I like how everything gets darker on the right side and it's very bright on the other. 


This is a photo of a main course. I like the details but I think colours are quite bland and they don't show how pretty the dish looked in real life. Also it's not in focus at the front which I would change next time.


This is one of my favourite images.The colours are very bright and intense and everything is in focus. I think it looks good because a plate and table cloth contrast with food. I don't think there's anything I would change but maybe I would try using a different angle. 


I like this photo because it's not dark and you can see many different colours but they all work good together. One sweet potato on the left side is out of focus but I don't think it affects this image. If I could I would make the salad on the left look less dark.


This is a photo of salmon on rice and I think it looks quite good because it's colour coordinated. The food contains a black colour and that's why this photo seems a lot darker than it should. The only thing I would change would be the background.


This is also one of my favourites. 




No comments:

Post a Comment